SRJ’s Education Law Forum is thrilled to announce the upcoming webinar, “Strengthening Nigeria’s Educational Sector through an Engaged and Supportive Alumni Network.”
As a full-service educational law firm in Nigeria, we are dedicated to promoting positive institutional improvements within Nigeria’s education sector.
Why is this education law forum crucial?
Nigeria’s education sector faces many challenges, including limited resources, inadequate infrastructure, teaching aids, governance issues, shortage of skilled teachers, students’ employability rates, skill-based curriculum development, branding and marketing, global ranking and poor alumni engagement.
Recognizing the immense potential of an engaged and supportive alumni network, our education law webinar aims to explore the critical role engaged and supportive alumni networks play in educational institutions.
Who will be speaking at our webinar?
Our panelists are highly respected and experienced experts in alumni relations from Nigeria’s leading universities and business schools.
They bring invaluable insights and expertize to the discussion. Our confirmed speakers are:
- Professor (Mrs) Chinedum Peace Babalola: Vice Chancellor of Chrisland University and a management expert.
- Mr Henry Andoh: Director of Alumni Relations at Lagos Business School.
- Professor (Mr.) Peter Olapegba: Director of the Office of Alumni Relations, University of Ibadan.
This education law forum event is moderated by:
- Mrs. Shola Coker, the first female Dean of Students’ Affairs at Covenant University and Vice President of University Relations on the Covenant University Alumni Association Leadership team; and
- Mr. Osita Enwe, partner at SRJ and head of our education law practice.
When and where?
Tuesday, 22nd August 2023, at 1:30 p.m. (WAT). It is for an hour and ten minutes and is virtual.
Our education law webinar aims to delve into the critical roles of well-engaged and supportive alumni networks and their impact in addressing key challenges in their alma mater.
The education law webinar promises practical insights and guidance for establishing and sustaining a strong alumni community. Participants will better understand how alumni engagement supports educational institutions and the education sector.
Alumni management principles can be applied by primary and secondary schools, technical and vocational education and training (TVET) and tertiary institutions.
You will gain insights on the following and more:
- Building alumni engagement from primary to post-graduate schools.
- Practical ways of establishing, engaging, and sustaining an alumni community.
- Opportunities for collaboration between alumni, educational institutions, and other stakeholders in the education sector.
- Key challenges and strategies for measuring the impact of alumni engagement.
Who should attend?
This webinar is designed for a diverse range of participants who are passionate about strengthening Nigeria’s educational sector:
- Alumni community leaders
- EdTech operators and vendors
- Educational finance companies
- Policy makers, supervisors, and education ministries
- Alumni members
- Education practitioners and lawyers
Who is SRJ?
At SRJ, we are proud to be Nigeria’s first law firm to market ourselves as an outsourced full-service legal department for educational institutions. Our education law practices cover employment, data protection, faculty and student or industry exchange, intellectual property, investigations, digital rights and assets, finance & fundraising, licencing, regulatory, compliance, and education technology (edutech).
We supplement our education law practice with industry knowledge in financial technology, retail and retail technology, transportation, agribusiness, and dispute resolution.
Join us as we navigate the critical role of engaged and supportive alumni networks in strengthening Nigeria’s educational sector.
Together we shape the future of education.